Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Tribute For Mary L's Dear Friend Sue - A Personal 9/11 Story of Great Love

I "met" Mary L. through Tim Woolley's site. Our great devotion and care about Barbaro's journey drew us together.

Today while I was reading through the posts on the message board concerning 9/11, I saw this beautifully personal story, and felt deeply that I wanted to share it with my journal readers, as it touched me deeply.  Mary, I feel the deep love and "sistership" that you shared with your dear friend Sue. My heart goes out to you at this very special time May your pain diminish, and the great joy that you shared with Sue fills your heart with that very special knowing that both of you will forever be joined in your friendship.

Here is Mary L's post, with permission from her. Thank you Mary.


"That day for me is so painful. I lost my best friend in the world that day. Her name was Sue. She just started a job at the north tower 3 weeks before 11th. She would email me every morning telling me how happy she was, the gorgeous view she had from her office. Her last email to me was at 8:32 am that morning. I had just responded to it when the news broke on the tv about an "accident" at the World trade center. That plane went right into the floor she was working at. I only hope and pray that her death was quick. Her body was never recovered. I still can not get that site of the plane hitting the building out of my mind, and especially  the next one that hit the south tower soon after..

I thought I was getting over this until today. I watched the memorial for the victims. Soon as the bagpipes played, I lost it. Sue and I both LOVED bagpipe music. Then I heard her name, more tears, and then saw her parents there laying white roses into the pool there. They told me they would leave 2 white roses, one for her, and one from "me" to honor her. I totally lost it again when I saw that and had to leave and walk outside. I see the redbud tree I planted in her memory, growing so well. As I was standing on my deck and thinking of her, I saw an Eagle (yes we have eagles in Ohio) fly across the sky, flying to the East... Almost like a sign from my friend Sue, saying "Mary I am free and I am flying!!"..

Sue was my best friend, but I thought of her more of my sister, we were that close.. "

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary

That eagle was a 'sign' from your friend Sue to let you know that YES - she was okay and free! :)  Sept. 11th was not a good day for a lot of people, including those of us who were not there but who saw it take place on tv.  What we saw we just could not imagine was really happening - where was all our security at that time?  Did those in power really think we were so safe?  Take care of yourself as Sue would want you to and one day, when God decides the time is right, you WILL see your friend again!

Terry
May GOD walk with you ALWAYS!

Anonymous said...

Mary, my heart breaks for you. I hope that your pain will ease at some point in time, although your memory of her will always remain. Loss of a family member is a hard thing to deal with, but in many ways the loss of a friendis even worse. True friends love us for what we are, and what we mean to them, and what they mean to us, not because we were born to them. That is what makes a close personal friend so special. I know that this day is a horrible reminder of the savage way her life was taken, and her name will live forever as part of the history of that horrible day. Always know that she loved you, what a very special thing to remember about your beloved friend. Love such as that , is the greatest thing we will ever have on this earth.