Tuesday, September 12, 2006

JOEY HAS COME HOME - For Jessy

"To My sweet boy"
September 8, 2006.




This past Tuesday was a very hard day for me as it was just two weeks that  you went home to Jesus.

In the city in which I live, they test the weather "alert"  each month.

This was a  time that you would howl as it would hurt your ears..

But on this day, my home was silent when the warning went off.
I have tried to think of words to say...

On that day I also received  the call that you were  ready to come home.

So, on Wednesday, September 6th, 2006, I went to pick you up and we took that final journey home.

Bringing you  home, we took the same route that I had in the past with when I lost  Bandit and Toby.. a journey that only a mama of a fur baby would take; to show her baby a city that he's lived in for so long but now we are saying "good-bye", too.

 
To my sweet boy, I am for the first time at a loss for words.. I am trying  very hard to be OK, but this time it's so very hard as for Toby and  Bandit. I  knew  that they were  ready to go home..

But you still had life in you.. and  my heart is something that just wont let go.


Maxie is doing better. She too has good and bad days..

My sweet son, this home is so very lonely without you. My life is something that goes on each day.  It is said that  'Time heals".

But no one really knows what it is like to have to look into their loved one's eyes and know in their heart that "IT"S TIME".. that no matter how hard I wanted you to stay, or that I begged GOD to let me keep you..I had to make that leap of love and let you go.

 
I had to give you the last gift that I could by looking into your eyes as we shared the last few moments of time together to be as one. That for that moment I was still your mama, that I owe you my life as you saved me just years ago from being attacked..

 
Joey, you are my 'HERO." You saved me. You showed me that I could love, that it was in me somewhere hidden so far down deep in the pain of my past.

You never asked for anything in return. You always gave kisses and loved to be kissed.

On the last journey we took home, I played the same songs as I had with your friends. Josh of "To where you are" was the last one that was played as we got home...that you are how home and will be in my heart always.


My sweet boy, as I lay down each night I say these words to you as I had done with Bandit and Toby when they were going home to Jesus.


"Now I lay you down to sleep. I pray to Jesus your soul to keep. Keep you safe, keep bad dreams away. Lead you to your new day."

I love you Joey and you love me.

Your mama now and forever,

Jessy
"Ditto my sweet boy"
RUSTYSGOLDENSONG


Tribute For Joey: By RUSTYSGOLDENSONG-
Beautiful Bridge

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessy - how beautiful :)  Do you know how many people's hearts you have touched with your writing of having to let your best friend(s) go home?  A lot!
May Jesus walk with you every day and know that all your critters who have gone home already will be at the Bridge to meet you when Jesus calls you home!
Terry

Anonymous said...

Jessy,
Your tribute to Joey has brought tears to my eyes, The words you write express how much you love all your babies & that love will last a lifetime.
I hope the pain will ease some knowing that Joey is with Bandit & Toby now & they will wait for you at the Bridge knowing that in the far furture..You will all be together again.
I hope Maxie is doing alittle better too.
God Bless You & Maxie, (she needs your love now more than ever)
Your friend Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jessy, that is so beautiful and I know that you are in pain. Joey is in Heaven now with all others that have gone on before. I am glad that Maxie is doing better. We are all thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Jessy you were lucky to have a precious baby like Joey. My prayers and thoughts are with you and you are so brave. He is a star in the heavens looking over you now. That is what some wonderful person wrote to me as I too was in pain over Mr. Foo and I thought that was just a very nice way of putting it and it brings comfort. Take care and God bless you. Your fur baby wants you not to be sad because he is happy at the bridge waiting for you to see him when your time comes. Have some peaceful days Jessie for he is in your heart always. Christina.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessy:  As I sit here and read of your love of your Joey, I pray for peace in your heart and healing for your soul.  Our beloved pets have souls and we who have truly loved them for what they are have a special bond.  I have three chichuahau's who are my love, next to my love for Jesus.  But, my heart hurts for you and I can only imagine what you are going through.  Bless you and may you find consulation in your memories of Joey and that he is waiting for you on the "Rainbow Bridge."  linda