Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thoughts For Lost In The Fog! Our Heartfelt Feelings.


photo by: Barbara Livingston

We thought that Lost In The Fog had a good chance to beat the odds!

We prayed that this would happen for him. This brave, beautiful and truly adored,  horse valiantly fought for his life. But, tragically, the odds were too great for him. So young, so talented, so magnificent!

His loss will be deeply felt by the Horse Racing Community.and to those people who cared so lovingly for him.

In keeping with his promise to "Fog" and to his loving owner, Harry J. Aleo, Greg Gilchrist would not permit "Fog" to suffer, and giving him the ultimate gift of love, released him from his pain and his incurable fatal illness.

We will miss this horse immeasurably. We pray that Mr. Aleo and Mr. Gilchrist's loss transforms to only the joy of having had a really great horse, with only the best and most wondrous memories.

A Magnificent Video Tribute by: kayrite

Lost In The Fog- A Champion Remembered

Jo ( OurBelovedAngels@aol.com)
In Memory Of Pets- Another Tribute To Lost In The Fog
Thanks ,UWalkwithGod@aol.com

 

A Beautiful Letter Written To Mr. Aleo and Mr. Gilchrist
By:UwalkwithGod@aol.com

It's me, Greg - 'Foggy'!  The angels let me write this letter back almost as soon as I got here so you and Harry would know I'd crossed and was okay!.  We ALL knew I was on borrowed time after I was diagnosed with cancer but you all did your best to keep me comfortable for the time I had left. I really didn't want to do that 'chemo' thing but was willing to try if it would please you. 

I knew something was terribly wrong when I did so bad in that race but never dreamed it would be that bad.
 
I know you're all going to miss me, but don't think for one minute that I'll ever forget all the things you did for me and please say THANKS to Harry for not selling me.  Oh, by the way, I hope yourfinger is better!  Someday we will all be together again - when God decides the time is right.
 
I don't hurt anymore - the CANCER is all gone!  I can run & play just like the other horses who came before me and were all at the Bridge to greet me as I crossed.  Thank you Greg, for not letting me suffer when you knew I was in distress.  God sent his Angels of Mercy to help you and they were with me on my journey home.
 
With ALL my love for you till we meet again!
     "FOGGY"
 
WalkwithmeAlways



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LETTER FROM FOGGY.  THIS IS SUCH A SAD LOSS TO MR.ALEO AND MR. GILCHRIST AND GROOM AND THE WORLD. GOD TRIED TO SAVE HIM BUT THAT CANCER JUST HAD A BIG START BEFORE ANYONE WAS AWARE. BLESS HIS FAMILY AND WE WILL SAY PRAYS FOR HIM THAT HE IS AT PEACE AND  NO PAIN SO HE CAN RUN FREE. RIP BEAUTIFUL ONE.
BETTY FORD

Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH BETTY, SUCH A GREAT LETTER FROM FOGGY, HE IS WITH THE ANGELS NOW WATCHING OVER HIS FAMILY, FRIENDS, LOVED ONES AND ESPECIALLY HIS TRAINER GREG AND OWNER, HARRY ALEO. GOD BLESS YOU FOGGY, I CRIED MANY TEARS OF LIQUID LOVE FOR YOU YESTERDAY. YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED,
LOVE YOU,
CHERYL GORDER

Anonymous said...

When I watched the video of the interview with Fog's jockey, the hole in my heart felt better because I imagined him doing the same tricks today in heaven--playfully nipping at angels, eating good hay (or better yet green grass in the pasture), rolling and stretching--just feeling good.  Chemo is no picnic and it comes closer to killing you than you ever want to feel.  I'm glad that he didn't have to go through more of that and that he is released from the pain.  If I feel this bad over a horse I never met, I can only imagine the sorrow and heart sickness that Mr. Aleo and Greg Gilchrist are feeling.  At least they have the comfort of knowing they did all they could and they made the ultimate, responsible decision for the good of a great horse.  God bless all involved with his care--both physically and spiritually--the past months.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Miss Terry, your letter from Fog makes me cry. It is so sweet. I never dreamed that when I told the group about him that you would be so devoted to him. I will always treasure seeing him, and watching him in his glory. In the world of HOrse Racing, the word "Great" is used only for horses that have accomplished a great deal, and earned the right to be called Great. I believe that God sent him here to be one of the greates Sprinters of all time. Setting two track records, one at Turf Paradise, the other at Golden Gate Fields, with earnings of $844,500 in his three year old campaing alone. I loved him so very much, and my heart is aching for him. But I know he is running free, and in no pain now. I will never forget "Lost In The Fog"

Anonymous said...

Terry,
Such a beutiful thought! May it be so. Foggy was released form suffering. It is the hardest thing to do because out animals mean so much to us and we don't want to et them go. But i hope, pray and believe that we wil see them again. God Bless!
-Joanne (kidznpupz)