Friday, September 22, 2006

A Touching Poem - From an Angel Dog


photo with permission from:Caryn Com

I live among God's creatures now, In the heavens of your mind.
So do not grieve for me, my friend, as I am with my kind.
My collar is a rainbow's hue, my leash a shooting star.
My boundaries are the Milky Way where I sparkle from afar.

I nap the day on a snowy cloud, gentle breezes rocking me
And dream the dreams of special ones and how it used to be.
The trees are full of liver treats, and tennis balls abound.
And Milkbones line the walkways ... just waiting to be found!

There even is a ring set up, the grass all lush and green,
and everyone who gaits around becomes the Best of Breed!
For we're all winners in this place, we have no faults you see,
and God passes out those ribbons, to each one ... even me!

At night I sleep in an angel's arms, her wings protecting me
And moonbeams dance about us, as stardust falls on thee.
So when your life on earth is done and you stand at Heaven's Gate
Have no fear of loneliness for here, you know, I wait.
 
By Carole Miller @ In Memory Of Pets



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my JO!!!!!

That came out beautiful!!   VERY WELL DONE!  (would not have expected otherwise)

Terry

Anonymous said...

A Touching Poem - From an Angel Dog :

That poem was beautiful. Angel Dog, I know you will be dancing on moonbeams and eating milkbones that never run out. You are now with the Angels, as they are watching over you keeping you save,  They are also watching over your loved ones,  making sure they aren't too sad because you are in a safe, healthy place now.

Love You,

Cheryl Gorder

Anonymous said...

Well Carol this is so beautiful, your words and the place it takes me in my heart and mind of all my fur babies up there on Rainbow bridge. Knowing with your help and wonderful imagination that there they are so peaceful and happy and pain free. Yes you helped me feel at peace with them leaving me to go to this place your mind and heart created for all of us to let go of them with a smile on our faces. Who would not want to be there I mean the critters have to be in heaven with every treat you could even imagine and sleeping in angels wings or on a cloud. I wish I were there right now just picturing it in my mind. God will send me there when it is my time. You did a very good job with this poem and you just don't know how wonderful it made me feel, so thank you so very much. Peace be with you always, you are a loveing soul. Christina.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful angel dog you are. I am so glad you are in such a lovely place. You deserve all the love and milk bones there is for you to have and much more. You look like a wise old soul and if you really could talk in human talk you would have said the same thing to all of us about your world now. Maybe you did through your mom I am sure she knew exactely what was on your mind. You were loved so much, I can tell from mom's poem. Maybe I will see you later on too. Christina