Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Tim Woolley's Update 30! A Must READ

Barbaro Updates: 30

Update 357: Kennett Florist visited NBC today and had this to report (updates 29: 7:49pm):

Breakfast this morning, was a hit as usual! Fresh bagels and all the fixin's... They were still hot! Before they even announced it there were people waiting to dig in. I had the chance to meet a fellow Barbaromaniac, Kathy (who was so generous to supply breakfast for NBC today), as she was on her way to NBC to hang a sign. I hope she has a safe trip to IL the next couple of days. It was so nice to finally meet one of the people we've spent time talking with... You know, if anyone is planning a trip this way, we reccommend coming during the mushroom festival in September - one of Kennett Square's main events.

All is quiet this afternoon. I hid away a big basket of goodies for the 3rd shift and brought up some treats for Bobby. It's so wonderful to hear from Dr. Anderson that he still has that 'larger than life' personality! Thank you all again for all the love and support for Bobby and the NBC staff.

WE BELIEVE!!

Rachel at Kennett Florist

Vicky Jasch, who was interviewed for our Philadelphia Inquirer story had this to add about the interview (updates 29: 7:43pm):

It was a lot of fun answering Mike's questions for his article posted today. AS I said in the article, Barbaro blew me away the first time he ever set foot on the track, and I was his #1 fan before most people knew he existed. And I still am. I am so glad there are so many people rooting for him, and praying for him. But from the very start, I felt such a strong connection with him as I felt his mighty power that he exerted. He made my heart beat fast, as I knew from his first start, he was something so special. Something that we had not seen in over 2 decades. He is the first horse since the Bid in 1979 that I thought had a very good shot at the crown. Now, my prayer is only for his full recovery. He has made his mark in the history books, and in my heart forever.

Update 356: Must read AP interview: Barbaro's right hind healing well. its an interview today with Dr. Richardson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VICKY, I SAW YOUR NAME IN THE PHILLY ARTICLE, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS OUR VICKY, GOOD JOB!!! HOW'S THAT GATE DESIGN COMING ALONG?

LOVE THIS PAGE JO!!!
:>)
CHERYL