Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tim Woolley Update 22 Another Good night for Barbaro

Barbaro Updates: 22

Update 316: Another comfortable night last night for Barbaro (tuesday night). Saw Michael Matz on the horsepath as I was coming back to the barn and he gave me the good news.
updated wednesday 7:05am

Update 315: Wm & CL left a wonderful comment in Barbaro Updates 21 (Posted by: Wm & CL at July 25, 2006 03:32 PM) as a an explanation of how Barbaro has captured our imagination. The following is a short excerpt:

While Barbaro recovers, immense obstacles are being overcome as Americans recover. His struggle and our struggles are easy to understand. That is what grabs our hearts. In the imortal words of Seabiscuit's trainer, Tom Smith, and owner Charles Howard: "You never throw away a whole life just because it gets banged up a little bit." We believe Barbaro's owners, Roy & Gretchen Jackson, are of the same mindset including Dr. Dean Richardson and his medical team. Barbaro's same fierce fighting spirit and champion heart inspire us to go the extra mile for him while he is doing the same for us. He is giving us our second chance as we give it back to him.

So, Barbaro, we will sit and rest awhile with you when our hearts and soul get weary. From R. Loveland and B. Graham's words--'You Raise Me Up'--this is for you.

"You raise me up so I can stand on mountains,
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when you are on my shoulders,
You raise me (us all) to more than I (we) can
be."

No comments: