Monday, July 24, 2006

In Memory Of Nibbles- For DebV- 7/22/06


To everyone I care for and love very much. at 9:30 am this morning my dear sweet Nibbles ferret was helped across the bridge. Me and him fought as long as we could to keep him here. But he was moving pretty slow last night and this morning, he could barely walk. In fact, he just wanted me to hold him and hold him tight! This is not Nibbles. Not my little man ferret. He hated being held for more than a few seconds. He always had to much to do than to sit in someone's arms. I took him to my wonderful vets and held him tight. I had the vet put him to sleep first with some anesthesia. He was asleep on my shoulders within minutes. Then they inserted the catheter (while I was turned around and not looking) and then I held him and kissed his little face till he was gone. He will be missed dearly by my whole family and especially me. All the times having to wake him to eat and feeding him in my arms and giving him meds and 1:30 am feedings, he has now peacefully passed.   Nibbles, I will be there one day to pick you up at rainbow bridge along with Cocogirlie, Pearlgirl, Harry bush dog and Lauren and Bogie and all of you. we will be together through eternity then. I will be thinking of you always and once in a while having a cup of Lipton's green tea with honey and pretending you are still here sharing it with me. You were a beautiful strong loving ferret!!!!!

                                                     The Rainbow Bridge

Thank you guys for sharing this moment with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless the both of you. I just had to do the same for my Snickers because he was in too much pain and was so old. Go in Peace Nibbles you look so sweet. Christina