Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tim Wooley Updates 23- Another Comfortable Night For Barbaro

Below is update 23 and look for  some amazing poetry. Thanks, Tim, for sharing them with us!

Update 324: Kennett Florist have just visited New Bolton and have this to report:

Just back from NBC... Mood is good, and reports say that all is well with sweet Bobby. Today we delived a special treat for the gang at NBC. A very wonderful Barbaromaniac (Lisa in NY) had special chocolates made up... they looked like PA license plates that said BARBARO on them! They were so very cool! If I ever get my hubby to get a website going for personal KF stuff, I will post the picture. The basket also included chocolate stars and chocolate bandaids (for life's boo-boos). The staff absolutely adored them. Dr. Sweeney was going to hold onto one to give to the Jackson's; who, by the way, are back and will be in this afternoon to visit Bobby.

We will be back up in the morning as someone is treating them all to breakfast... and in the afternoon, ice cream sundaes! That's going to be fun for all! You guys and gals are all great!!

Comment is posted: : Rachel at July 27, 2006 07:57 PM (note that is UK time, not US time!)

Update 323: This morning we had Michael Bryant, a photographer, visit Fair Hill and Tim's barn. Very cool guy. He had covered Barbaro for the Philadelphia Inquirer during Bobby's training at Fair Hill leading up to the Preakness, and Preakness Day. He has a blog, and on his blog he has an entry of photographs from the Preakness. The entry also includes this text from Michael:

I was one of 100,000 people at Pimlico when Barbaro broke his back right leg and ankle. The gasps and the screams from the crowd was something I have never heard in my life and I hope I never have to hear again.

The entry is here: Barbaro Breakdown, please do not visit if the Preakness coverage upsets you as these pictures, while very good, vividly and uniqely portray the horrific incident.

I asked Michael if he would create a blog entry of some of his other Bobby pictures from Fair Hill. He showed them to me and they are very good, so lets hope he does.

Update 322: We were told there would be a cast change this week on Barbaro's right hind leg. This did occur, yesterday (wednesday). Michael mentioned it to me this morning, Kathy Anderson also noted the cast change when I caught up with her a little later. I believe they actually changed both casts yesterday. Anyway, from what I understand they are pleased with what they saw, but I do not know the details. It is just a relief to know the right hind cast change has occured, and it was done in the sling etc. This makes changing the cast a little more tricky I think, but much better for Bobby!

Update 321: Another comfortable night (wednesday night) for Barbaro. I saw Michael Matz and his set as I was coming to the track with my second horse. I took some photos so will hope to get a couple on the site later.
update, thursday july 27, 7:15 am

Update 320: A few more pictures of Barbaro, from Fair Hill, before the Preakness. The following is a short poem, provided by Kim from yesterday's updates:

I have a short poem I heard many years ago that I want to share. I think it's called "Don't Quit"

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're traveling seems all uphill;
When funds are low and debts are high;
When you want to smile but you have to cry.
When cares are pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but DON'T YOU QUIT.

Life is strange with it's twist and turns,
as every one of us sometimes learns;
Any many a person has given up,
when he might have captured the victor's cup.
And he learned to late when the night came down,
how close he was to the golden crown.

So when cares are pressing you down a bit;
rest if you must, but DON'T YOU QUIT.

Bobby, you're closer every day to that golden crown. DON'T QUIT.

Posted by: Kim at July 26, 2006 11:11 PM

The following is another poem by Mary C, also posted in yesterday's comments:

A Poem for Barbaro, with Love

Bathed in the balm of love
Ascending and transcendent
Rare and magnificant Creature
Blessing to the world
Adored and revered
Running in spirit with us
One heart, four hooves, uniting many.

Posted by: Mary C. / Canada at July 27, 2006 12:47 AM

No comments: