Monday, July 24, 2006

Just Had To Share This Picture, And Some Thoughts!


photo by Barbara Livingston

Of all God's creatures, two species have noticeably captured my heart forever. In the race to discover which  one comes in first, I find that I am neck in neck in being able to call the winner. However it is a lot more convenient to keep cats,  yet my heart just explodes with total joy and love when I am in the presence of a horse.

Just seeing  well cared for horses galloping free in a field, kicking up their heels, playing and so full of life can bring tears to my eyes of joy and awe to be able to watch the magnificence of these majestic animals. Would that all horses be so loved.. would that all horses receive the care that they deserve. Would all humans who own or who interact with them treat them in the manner that they so deserve..

Whether they be Thoroughbreds, Quarter Horses, just plain old retired carriage horses,or any other kind,  their zest for life and incredible beauty of movement strike deep into my heart. What could ever be more magnificent.

I have been so fortunate in my lifetime to have been blessed to share my life with three horses, and also to live with  many wonderful cats. I suspect that a few of them have been horses in previous lifetimes, though.

When I saw this picture that a fellow "Barbaro fan" sent me, I just had to share it. It was so perfect. This photo sings to me, and warms my heart.

Thank you so much, Cheryl, for this wonderfully delicious shot! I am very curious though about what may be on the mind of the cat, and of course, Barbaro!


 

No comments: