Sunday, November 5, 2006

Memorial For Tasca for Stephanie of MRH- A Beloved Rescue Horse

11/4/06

Stephanie wrote:

"At 9:30am, Tasca crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Dr. Arnold gave her a complete physical.  It has been determined by Dr. Arnold there was a twist in the intestines.  I am still in shock.....last night during my last check at 9:45, all was well.  She had eaten all of her dinner, had drank half a barrel of water.  I filled up the waterer again, and came in for the night.  There had been no changes in diet, nothing.  When I came out this morning at 7:00 she was down, Bob had arrived and it took both of us to get her up,  we walked her around, and yet nothing.  Called the vet, and spoke to Faye.  Vet was here in less than 15 minutes, seemed like forever though.  Her temperature was extremely high and she shocky.

I am feeling just horrible, wondering if I had missed something.  But all was normal, till I went out this morning,  I am just sick over this, and cannot believe my little Tasca is gone. 

She was at Miracle Horse Rescue for a year and a half.  She was a little bit of a horse, barely reaching 14.1 hands.  A tiny, petite little girl.  Sorrel in color, with a perfect little blaze and BIG DOE EYES.Tasca had bounced from home to home.  Her first home was a show home, and she was shown in the Arabian shows.  It is my understanding from a person who use to attend these shows that Tasca won so many ribbons.  She had a couple of babies, so I've been told.  I do not know why or when she was sold to someone else, but she was passed around, she had come from a not so nice situtation. 

When she arrived here, we were told she could not be ridden due to a back injury.  The first thing we did though was we called the vet out as we had a concern with her as her tummy was quite large, and since she had been housed next to a stallion could there have been the possibilty he got her.  Vet confirmed she was not in foal and had given her complete physical. and said she really needed good food and TLC, all else was fine with her.  That was a year and half ago.Tasca was always very vocal, she would talk to you no matter what time of day or night it was.  In fact last night she was talking to me, and tossing her head around and trotting around her pen, tail flagged, and just looking ever so proud. 

Tasca would always fall asleep when Rob was doing her feet, and do small snoring noises.  We never just tied her up, as he did not want her to be startled when he would put whatever foot down he was working on.  We always held her, scratched her and let her fall asleep leaning her head against your arm.  She would even go to sleep when you were grooming her and then when you would stop, she would look at you with those beautiful brown eyes, as if to say, I know that your not done.  She always seemed the motherly type, as we placed Sinatra next to her and she seemed to soothe him, as he is a nervous little guy.It made no difference where you were at on the premises, she always kept an eye on you, except at feeding time, which is where she would devote all of her attention to. 

Every horse that has been with us, has touched my heart, however, there are those that really reach into the inner depths of your soul, and wrap themselves around you.  Tasca was such a horse.  I know that she is with all the horses that have been called back, and that she will never hurt again, nor lack for love, but Tasca has taken with her a huge part of me.  Those beautiful eyes, I will never forget, the soft touch of her nose against my cheek. 

I have sat here today, wondering and thinking  did Tasca leave us so unexpectedly and suddenly to make room for the new children and the impending births of our little ones? I just don't know and it does not take away the hurt and the anguish.  She would have been 26 in the spring.I know that she is in the best hands of all now and will be safe for eternity.  I am going to miss her.Stephanie"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
I am so sorry for your loss. I do not own a horse but I love all animals, big and small. I lost my dear Pug, Punxie suddenly in June. It was a shock, my heart broke and I too wondered "if" I missed something. The Vet says I did all I could for her. But that doesnt take away the pain and heartache. I miss her so and will never stop missing her or loving her, I know Tasca will be forever in your heart.
God Bless you and Tasca.
Susan Schoenberg
New Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Stephine, i know how hard it is to let go!! and to have it happen so fast. What you need to remember Tasca chose when she wanted to go. You were there for her and stay tell Tasca left. What a gift you gave to her!!! let Tasca stay in your heart and let what she taught you be pass on. God Bless you at this time and in the time to come.