Monday, November 20, 2006

Memorial for Kitty Boy- aka Oscar- For Annie


Kitty Boy, aka, Oscar, a beloved cat that was very special to Annie and her husband, - is  now on his special journey toward transformation and rebirth. Annie is a Buddhist and in her tradition, beings who have "died" embark upon the journey through the Bardo, (which is equivalent to the soul's journey through Limbo on the way to Heaven) for forty-nine days. His journey began on  the morning of November 13. 2006.

Annie wrote  that "Kitty Boy would be amused to know that it ends on December 31st. A well loved cat was he.. age unknown but roughly between 15 and 19 years of age. "

Kitty Boy had two names, Kitty Boy and Oscar. For more than ten years before Annie moved to her present home, this cat was the scourge of the Mobil park and was known as "Oscar."

When he came to Annie's door in late May of 2000, all emaciated and a shade of his former existence, Annie started calling him Kitty Boy.

Kitty Boy was given tender loving care and responded to Annie's sweet ministrations.

Both Annie and her husband will miss him dreadfully. Please send some glow and prayerful energy to help heal their hearts.

While Kitty Boy lives in their hearts, his (physical) loss is felt deeply by them both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. Since I have had more than my fair share of losses of my fur children, I know all to well the heartache it brings. From May to July of this year, I lost one cat and three dogs. Two of them were mother and son. They were two of the three Great Pryenees I had. THe one remaining seldon leaves my presence, and I am forever checking, watching to see if he is breathing. I have lost many others as I have always been an avid animal lover. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and
I hope that you will find comfort in the kindness of people who understand the pain that you are going through.

Anonymous said...

First of all I want to thank you for being a loving soul and giving Kitty boy some wonderful years of love and care and I am so sorry that his physical self is not with you now. But like you said he is on his way to tranformation and rebirth and that is very good for him. He will be missed by you but will remain in your heart forever and that is so special. I will say my own prayers for him and you. Christina

Anonymous said...

First, I would like to thank the wonderful people who run this blog for including our beloved Kitty Boy in it.  I know that he would appreciate it.  Kitty Boy was a rapscallion, but was so devoted to me.  Every time I would visit our neighbors, he would follow me, but stay a respectful distance away, just waiting for me to come home.  If he felt that I was staying too long, he would come out of hiding, and let me know that it was time for me to come home.  Everyone here at the mobil park thought that was so amusing -- most of them knew him in his former Oscar days.

Second, I would like to thank everyone who has responded.  Your thoughts and good wishes are much appreciated.  I will say prayers for all of YOUR loved ones.

Many blessings.

annie!