Thursday, November 9, 2006

A Memorial For Angel Cat Tobie- For Diane

Diane writes:

In the early spring of 1996 my step daughter brought home three kittens to choose from. One was so sick he was barely able to stand. At this time I was not a cat lover, really, but when she asked if we could keep him, I unhesitatingly said "yes". This poor little guy was ridden with fleas, mites, ring worm, lice and worms. The first day while she was at school I checked on him and he seemed so lifeless, so the next day I took him to the vet. The vet was not optimistic about the outcome, however, on  the third day he came out and crawled in my lap. Something was happening to me here.  The next day he crawled up and stole my food my plate. So I fed him extra. This went on till he was a sleek kitten that enjoyed running up and down the hall attacking anything that moved.

When my step daughter moved away she left him to our care and  As the years passed Tobie was a constant figure in our home. We enjoyed playing a game called "KITTY BUTT". I would run behind him yelling kitty butt until he got tired of the annoying human chasing him and slapped me. I think I enjoyed it more than he did, but it was our routine.

But so sadly to say that this past Sunday night at about 7 PM We found our giant boy dead from a heart attack. It was so unexpected and we are still in shock.

He is greatly missed and he leaves a giant sized hole in our hearts.

Rest sweet at the Rainbow Bridge, darling Tobie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that Tobby left you and I know what a hole there is in your heart and home. I lost three this year that were with me for so many years so I feel your pain. Tobey was fortunate to find a loveing home and that you came to love him dearly, he was beautiful. Nothing I will say will ease the pain but I can tell you that the only thing that helped me was thinking that God took my babies back because they were sick and suffering and didn't want to give up but when he did he made them new and happy and pain free to run and play where our critters go after they leave us. Some say it is the Rainbow bridge. Where ever the Lord took them I know they are happy and waiting to see us one day. Peace be with you. Christina Lucero