Thursday, October 19, 2006

20 Year Memorial For Yo Yo- My Sweet Soul Mate Angel Cat!



graphic from Catstuff.com 

I have loved cats my entire life. In fact, when I was only three years old, my parents had taken me out to the country for a picnic. Sitting under an apple tree, listening to the birds, feeling so "liberated" in the big outdoors, (so my parents told me), there was a rustle in the tree branches and a cat fell out of the tree, landing on my head,  trying to regain her composure using my face to get down to terra firmae. Did I cry? NO! All I was concerned about was whether "kitty" was ok. 

My mother was not a true cat lover at all. She much preferred her furniture and carpets, but my dad was a cat worshipper. I must have inherited the "cat lover" gene from his side of the family. I am so grateful to him for introducing me to these beautiful and fascinating creatures.

So when I was a young child I did not share my home with cats.

However, when I got married, one of the first things that I did was to add two kittens to our household. That began the long and delightful journey sharing my heart and home with some amazing felines.

One of those cats was named Yo Yo. She was a seal point Siamese that was given to my husband and me as a gift. Small and dainty, sweet and intelligent, Yo Yo opened my heart, snuggling inside it, deeply. And there she remained for 14 years. She was my soul mate cat for the time we shared together.

It will be twenty years at the end of this month that my darling Yo Yo passed through the portals to the Rainbow Bridge, but it seems just like yesterday at times. She is missed deeply and has left deep pawprints on my heart. I am thankful each day that I had the chance to share part of my life with her.

We lost Yo Yo to Fibrosarcoma due to a reaction to a Rabies shot. We tried to protect her- but her immune system could not handle the vaccine. So I am very cautious about vaccines that can put my cats at risk. Catshots.com has excellent information about these risks.

Play with those catnip mice once again, my dear one... one day we will be reunited and our joy will be felt all over the Rainbow bridge.

graphic  by:M00NLTSNTA-  used with permission and with thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your story about Yo Yo. I too had a siemese and she was my heart but I recently lost her and her son. Lucy was her name and her son Mr. Foo. They were with me for about 16 years or more. Yesterday I grieved again for them along with Snickers. They were so close all of them so maybe that is why they left within a couple of months of eachother. Well I know your lose and I hope Yo Yo is playing with them at the bridge. She looks like a wise and loving girl. Your story sounds almost like mne because I too loved cats at an early age and my parents did not but I keeped trying to bring one home. Then when I was on my own I too brought them into my life. What wonderful creatures they are and loveing. I have a lot of paw prints on my heart. I hope you are doing okay, as for me I have a lot of healing to do yet. Peace to you because I know they are in peace now at the bridge. Christina Lucero.

Anonymous said...

We never had cats at home, my mother would never have tolerated their scratching her things.

When I married Mike we had a kitten and from there we never looked back, varying in numbers from 1 to 8 (when Willow had kittens) over the years.
We just have three now. Willow and two of her babies, Merlin & Morgan.

I wrote this week about the death of another of her babies, Tiff, he belonged to a friend, I helped deliver him and I was there at his end. He was only 5. So sad.

Thanks for visitng my Journal, CarnivAOLis a good way to discover new ones to read.

Linda.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/entries/404