Thursday, March 23, 2006

In Memory Of Rusty- For DBDustbuny

It is with a profound sadness that I post this entry. Rusty was quite an amazing cat! The love that he shared with his human and other fur kids in his family has touched me deeply. I know that Rusty is happy and healthy once again, as a new resident at the Rainbow Bridge. He has been welcomed there.. and is a joy to all!

Jo

DBDustbuny writes:

"It is with a sadness so hard to express that my precious Rusty has passed over to the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon, March 22nd, 2006, at 1:00 P.M.. His health was failing him and his quality of life was not good. I couldn't bring myself to make him stay longer and so we went to see his vet, Doctor Leigh.

We went to the back room and as he sat on the table on his favorite blue blanket, with snow flakes on it, and we said our goodbyes. He shook hands with me for the very last time and I cradled his head as he left this world and started a new journey.

His spirit will always be with me so close in my heart. My sweet loving companion for almost 20 years is now among the angels. He will bug them to shake hands and play patty cake and be held and get special tummy rubs. Sleep sweet my dear little angel . Momma loves you so very dearly."

Below is a poem I wrote for him a while back to tell a bit about his purrsonality.





RUSTY'S SUNSHINE WORLD

Rusty is my orange cat,
laying in the sunshine,
belly up and snoring,
sweet precious clown of mine.

He's been there a long long time,
occasionally he rolls,
and stretches long his body,
and covers nose with toes.

and then he stretches out full length,
and give a happy sigh,
dreaming of a million mice,
as the world flies by.

Sometimes I really wish that I,
Could be like RUSTY cat,
and lay there in the sunshine,
and tell the world to scat!!!!

Julia Amelia Morrison - Catnip Hill Studio
03-06-1998

DBDustbuny@aol.com






 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Rusty. My 8 month old Negrita (Blacky) also passed over the Rainbow Bridge, March 22, 2006 at 5:00PM and I know what you must be feeling.  How lucky you are to have 20 years of memories. My heart is broken in a thousand pieces and I only had her for over 6 months . All I do is think of her and see her everywhere. She was only with me for 6 months and 11 days but she was the joy of me and my wife's life. Here I sit typing and the tears are running down my cheeks. I still can't comprehend her death. She had a broken hip bone since march 4,  and the Vet. kept saying that she was going to be OK.  We kept her confined and confortable, and well fed. . But she was getting weak, could not walk even to her litter box which I put next to her sleeping box. She would pee and pup on herself and we would gently clean her and wash her. We kept going to the Vet but she kept telling us that was going to be ok. Monday she got a bad case of diarrhea that kept getting worse. The Vet gave her I.V. fluids and antibiotics but Wed. March 22, 2006 at 5pm she had a seizure and passed over. This last 2 days I have been unable to function well, I stayed home from work and cry my heart out. Cleaning and putting away all her things was excruciating. She also had a favorite blanket and favorite spots & toy that will always smell of her, specially between my and my wife's pillows like a guardian angel which I know she is now. Blessing to you and we share your pain and sorrow. I will pray for strenght. Marcos & Lydia Mendez