Wednesday, March 8, 2006

In Memory Of Marmalade- For Lorrie

It is with great sadness that I tell of the loss of my precious old Marmalade.
At 18 he was still going strong despite a heart murmur and a bit
of arthritis. On Tuesday morning March 7th he left his soft spot on the bed
and decided to lay next to the bed on the floor. We found him curled up in a
ball, sound asleep forever.

Marmalade "Marmy" slept next to my pillow each night keeping me safe from
all the terrible bed monsters that only cats can see. I will miss his silly look
when he wanted to play and the way he acted like he hated his tummy
tussled when he actually enjoyed it totally. I will miss him trying to turn
the pages of the books I read and him grabbing the pen from my hand
as I wrote in my daily journal. I will miss his booming purr that helped me f
all asleep and the soft paw that patted me in the night to make sure
I knew he was there.

I know he is in heaven with my other angels and now our dear friend Bill
that just passed away. Bill loved cats too and will watch over my special
orange boy.

Goodbye precious friend. I will see you someday near the rainbow bridge.
In the mean time enjoy the catnip and the fresh air there in heaven.

Love,
Momma

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a dear friend baby he was to you and the way he watched over you while you slept, wow he was truly wondeful that orange boy. I hope my orange boy is with him playing at the bridge. His name was Kidder, and I found him at Safeway looking for food. I guess he knew where to go grocery shopping, oh my goodness they lookes so much alike. You had him for a very long time, good for both of you. Go in peace Marmalade and I know you are watching over mommy from the bridge.