Thursday, March 1, 2007

Kirin and her Barbaro Beanie- Carried In Love For Barbaro's One Month Anniversary/ Rainbow Bridge


Today has been a difficult day for me, as I am sure it has been for so many FOB's. Today marks the one month anniversary that Barbaro resides at the Rainbow Bridge. There is something about these periods of time that mark events in our lives that for me need to be honored.

It has been very hard for me to write about Barbaro over these past few weeks. My feelings about his loss are difficult for me to articulate.  It is comforting to know that I am not alone with these feelings.

We prayed that that day would never come to pass, yet in spite of our prayers and our deep love, that sorrowful day did arrive. We knew somewhere deep inside ourselves that the possibility still loomed over us like an ominous cloud building to become a huge storm of grief.

Today I struggled for the words to share my feelings on my journal and as I read through many posts on Tim Woolley's forum written with such deep emotion and  love, I came across a picture that soothed my heart.

My love for cats is hardly a secret to my readers. The  picture above touched me and lifted my spirits as I saw  this beautiful cat  who, in her own way was demonstrating  her love for this great horse, carrying the Beanie Baby so carefully and protectively.

So Lady Kirin, and Beachducklady, I thank you both for your gift and for your permission to post this heartwarming photo. Bless you for your post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a precious picture and I hope Barbaro's parents are doing well and all the people involved in talking care of him. Peace be with you, Christina

Anonymous said...

I always think about you when I am posting a Memoir entry about horses as I did today.  As I am growing older my adventures with horses multiply.  This is a very cute photo.  I found out the other day Pierrre's cats have a very good home here.  Maggie, the one who took them, moved and I could not find out what happened to them,. until I ran into the lady in the complex who now has  them.  And appreciatas their qualities.  I am reading a memoir right now about a woman who loved horses and responded to a call to take an abused and starved animal and her colt.  It is very good so far.  I am going to review it if I think readers might enjoy it enough.  I will dedicate it to the memory of Barbaro, the horse who touched hearts around the world.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

Please pray for my kitty he is slowly getting sicker and thinner , he is not in anypain he loves his cheese at night and having dinners with dad just dont know when to say good bye