Saturday, December 9, 2006

We Mourn The Loss Of HOST PETS Scamp- Rest In Heaven,Troy

A wonderfully compassionate  community leader, a former host in the Pet's community on AOL passed away yesterday, December 8th after a long battle with Cancer. He died peacefully.

Darrell Troy Skelton, his real name, (Earlofmanynames5) was beloved in the community in which he hosted. He assisted so many people as a host, and was dedicated to the members who attended his chats, as well as those who were active in the Dog Community. Always ready to assist, and with a great sense of humor, Troy was truly loved by the folks with whom he had contact.

Troy will be deeply missed by those who's lives he touched. Our prayers and condolences go out to his family at this time.

Rest peacefully, Troy. Speaking for many people I know, it was a pleasure to have known you and to have shared part of our lives with you through the Internet connection that brought us together with you.

Darrell Troy Skelton
12/8/61 - 12/8/06

Some messages sent me by people that knew Troy are posted below.

" I just wanted to inform you that Troy (Earlofmanynames5) also known to many when Aol had hosted chat rooms as Host Scamp left us today to go to heaven. I will advise you of any arrangements as soon as I get them. He was a great guy and will be sorely missed by many.  He spoke well of you and all his internet friends and missed talking with you during his current illness. Please let any one else you think should know. He fought a hard battle with the cancer and died peacefully.  He will be missed by all who knew him as he would go out of his way to help another chatter - he sure did help me out with a lot of things.
 
Troy, I know you wouldn't want us to cry but am crying now.  Thank you so very much for all you did for me.  You will never be forgotten.  REST IN PEACE !
 
Terry"

"Thank you so much for letting me know. I "worked" with Troy as a host. His personality could not be matched. He was loving, kind, caring, and dedicated. He shared other peoples pain, helping them any way possible. But most of all I think he will be remembered for his wonderful sense of humor. I am sending glow to lead the way to heaven where he will be pain free, making his warm loving presence known. He will be missed by so many people in so many places!
Amy
AKA as PCF. Rottie where I first met Troy
Host Pets Haven where Troy and I were reunited once again"

"Earl will be missed by so many people, I do not think he realized just how much he meant to all of us.  He was a strong support for me , making me laugh thru my tears so many times.  God bless you Troy.
 
Janet S. Wood,CDT
PJ's German Shepherds
Lakeway Dog Obedience
APDT (former)
NADOI (endorsed)
ABKA "

"Thank You for letting me know.  My heart is breaking.  I am double his age and really felt grandmotherly toward him.
 
He called me all kinds of cute names;Melvamarvelous was one and my favorite was melvalicious.
 
My condolences to his family
 
Mel March
 
Springfield, Va"

"I cannot even begin to say how deep my grief goes on this loss of my long, long time buddy Troy. It has been many years since I first met Troy in the doggy chat room,   when i was just a greenie and didn't even know what ''lol'' was. We also have chatted for several years now on the phone, and he was as close to me as any member of my family. I will never forget his humor, nor that one night inchat when somebody mis-typed  my name as loin instead of lion. That was the start of a whole night of absolutely hysterical chat using the word loin. He was a gentle soul with a heart of gold, and I know how much he valued all of our friendships between us all. I am thankful that he left us knowing how much he was loved by his Aunt Linda and Uncle Richard, and of course by all of us,   his online family.

This was the best birthday present he could have,   to be able to let go and go peacefully into the arms of God. He is now at peace, not in pain, and I know watching over us from above. There will be a brighter star in the sky tonight, and as I light my candles tonight for Sabbath, I will ask God to light his way to him.
I will also be in Temple tonight and will stand and say  'Yiskor'  for him.
This is a special prayer when people have passed away.     I will do this with all of you in my heart. As much as my heart is breaking right now,   I am glad he no longer suffers.

Hugs,   Sandy"

"Troy will truly be missed. He was a sweet, kind man with not only a heart of gold, but a true sense of humor.
He always made me smile and I considered him to be a friend.
 
I will miss him forever.
 
Beth"
"I first met Troy in dog chat 10 years ago. Although he was a terrible typist at that time ;), it was clear that he was someone special. His witty one-liners and overall sense of humor, his empathy, and his love for animals (he also had a cat named Trixie), all made him loveable and endearing.  
 
He always made me laugh -- sometimes his comments were so deliberately over the top, it was pure genius!  He also could be serious and his comfort during my times of sorrow was sincere and helpful  .
 
Siamnight and I had so much fun playing around with wavs, trying to convert them for Earl's MAC, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show sound bites especially tickled his fancy. We played like children on our new-found toys, our computers. We chased away trolls in chats, and teased one another.
 
I am glad we all had this time together, it was unique, and so was Earl. I will never forget him. My profound condolences to his family and friends.
 
Ingrid (welli2)"

"I, too, am deeply saddened.  The last email I had from Troy was Nov. 18.  Who knew it would be the last.  Heaven is a better place now.

Sincerely,

PHGinger
Ginger Sanders
Staff Director
Community Support Coordinator
www.pethobbyist.com
phginger@pethobbyist.com "


"Welli, I met Earl about the same time. You, Earl and Siam took me in a private room and tried to teach me how to do the wavs. I'll never forget that. Earl and I laughed about it many times.
 
Earl was my best friend. The first time I found PCF, Earl was there and we became friends. That friendship grew over the years and he was family to me. I got the last e-mail from him on Nov. 20th. He wrote me quite a lot during the last month, more than usual. I prayed so hard that a miracle would happen but like someone said, Heaven is a better place tonight. I will always miss him. AOL just lost a lot of its shine, and they don't even know it. 

 
God bless you, Earl. Take care of the furbabies until we get there.
 
Love,
Bette"

And a beautiful web page created by Terry in memory of Troy.
REFLECTIONS OF TIME

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darrell, My Love, My Friend, My favorite cousin.. The things we shared and things we did will always stay with me.. Things like, sneaking outside to smoke and singing into a micophone thinking we were the best singers in the world...I remember you playing hairdresser with Jessyca when she got her beauty set for Christmas and making front of each other constantly... How I will miss your loving smile and bright eyes.. Mom and Dad will always love you and have made me a better person and parent watching them take you in and love you like there own..I will miss you everyday, but know that you are happy in heaven with Grandma, Bonnie, Pop and Kaye. I can only imagine how beautiful it will be for you when you cross over to Rainbow Bridge to be with all you animals that you gave so much love too. I will always love you forever,,,, LOTS OF FOREHEAD KISSES FROM ME.....Tray

Anonymous said...

To say that I lost a true friend is an understatement.  Troy had such an impact on my life, personally and through AOL hosting.  I will miss his wit.  The man behind all the funny stuff was a kind, gentle and quite shy guy.  

Rest well, my friend.  You deserve it, you have suffered enough.  As much as I will miss you, I am glad that you are finally at peace.

With love,
Merrianne (Hawke)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Earl,
For being my friend
For your sense of humor
For your understanding
For you support
For caring about me and so many others
For your patience when I bored you with stories of my grandchildren
For being Tabby and Hanna's  online Uncle
For long afternoons and nights when you helped me get thru my battle with cancer
But most of all
Thank you for just being you

I love you and will miss you.
God take good care of 'Our' Earl

Janet   (pjsheba)

Anonymous said...

Oh.My.God!

Devine (Or to old, old roomies, would that be Da-Vine?) intervention made me search into the "olden day's" of chat rooms tonight and I found this Memorial.  I am so sad, but yet, am so glad that I had the honor to be EarlOfManyNames (then it was like 2 or 3...not 5!) Prom Date back around 5 years ago.  I remember Saturday Night Dog Party!  Affie would swing from chandeliers, . AH the good old days!

So, to MY PROM DATE, Troy/Earl ------  Save a dance at Heavens gate for me?

Jam


Anonymous said...

I did not know you but what I have read you were a very good soul and will be truly missed. God will restore you now, no more pain and suffering. You gave a lot of people comfort when they needed it so I know that God will hold you close and take very good care of you and comfort you to, he does that for people like you the good ones. Peace be with you now, Christina Lucero

Anonymous said...

Earl,
I will forever keep you in  my heart,you were and will always be one of my very best fiends, we have laughed,cried  together and just been there for each other for what ever the reason.....you were a great Host for AOL , and toughed many hearts with your amazing witt!! ,you always smiled through your words....
I will miss you my friend,and I hope you fly high with all the Angels,gone before you......
((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))
Debbie
aka Host Pets Angel,
PCF Gypsy