Friday, December 29, 2006

ABC News Story on Pitbulls (News) - Please Call Numbers

ABC News Story on Pitbulls (News) - Please Call Numbers :
It was rather amazing that I received this journal entry the day after I posted prayers for Cassie. It clearly talks about how Pit Bull's reputations are blown out of proportion and how the breed can be maligned.

Just as any breed of dog or cat can have representatives of the breed that behave dangerously due to breeding or lack of training or early socialization, it is quite clear from  the entry in "Tails and Tales of New York" that this breed actually is known for it's gentle and loving disposition.

It is really up to the owners to bring out the really wonderful traits of their pets. Anything else demeans the breeds and continues the false information that has been spread about them. I think that training an animal to be vicious or not recognizing the signs of possible aggression really is cruel to the animal, no matter which breed it is.

Ultra Violet- Female Pitbull

To lean more about Pit Bulls  please visit the website below.
 Advice: You Can Trust: American Pit Bull Terriers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about it is up to the owners of there pets to show them love and socialization. But we all have to be careful of them, I know I have a mixed breed pit bull, he is so loveable toward people but I do take care not to put him, me or anyone else in danger. I walk the other way when we see another dog because even though he is playful and curious about another dog I don't want anything to happen so I avoid the situation. How is Cassie doing? I hope she is doing good and continues her recovery. I know it was so devastating for all of you especially Cassie. God bless you and her. Christina.

Anonymous said...

I wrote some on this a couple of years ago. Later when I have time I will again.

Wishing you and yours a great upcoming year in 2007!

Gab