Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Prayers Needed For Cassius- A Pet Boxer- Mauled- In Critical Condition and Update 12/28


Kidznpupz (Joanne) asks you all to please include Cassius - a pet boxer in your prayers! She belongs to two little boys that her older daughter baby-sits. He was at a dog park and attacked by a pit bull who was obviously not being controlled by his owner, He was terribly mauled and his injuries were so extensive that her daughter won't even tell me exactly what happened to her. She knows her Mom.

He is in critical condition at Oradell Animal Hospital in Paramus, NJ - An excellent facility

So we ask that you all include her (yes - Cassius is a girl) -- they call her Cassie (Cassius-Boxer - get it)? It would be so great. She really is in bad shape and Joanne knows your prayers would help. She sends her thanks in advance for all your support at this time.

Update on Cassius: From Joanne:

Dear Friends

Cassius underwent surgery yesterday to repair the extensive damage that she received from the attack. (Note from Journal Auther:I, as journal editor, have edited the graphic description of the injuries that Cassius received, as children may be reading this journal.)  She is stable now and has had several transfusions for blood loss but all things being equal she may be able to go home in a couple of days. Her eyesight - yes her eyes were injured too in the attack - seems to be functioning.

So thank you God it seems that she will be able to rejoin her family.
Thank you so much for your prayers - you guys are the best


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby!!  I thought people were supposed to be very careful with their dogs at dog parks.  Why did the pit bull's owner let his/her dog into the park?  I can't beleive this is the first time that dog has attacked another dog.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I will certainly keep her in my prayers. I hope the owner of the Pitt Bull is being repremanded in some way for allowing this to happen. Poor baby, I am pulling for you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Jo for all of your help. You are a really special person. I just wanted everybody to know that Cassius is stable now after extensive surgery and transfusions. Hopefully she will be able to ge home after a couple of days. thank you so much for all of your prayers. I know the Lord cares about all of his creation and creatures. I will keep everybody updated. Thanks so much.
Joanne in NJ

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your precious fur baby. I have a pit but I always have him under control. If I see another male dog I just walk the other way so that he does not get anxious. We owners have to keep our pets safe from harm. I hope he gets better soon. My prayes will continue for you. I would never think of letting my dog run loose even though he is gentle. Peace be with you and Cassius. Christina.

Anonymous said...

LOTS OF PRAYERS AND HEALING ENERGY FOR CASSIUS!! I JUST LOVE BOXERS, THEY ARE THE SWEETEST DOGS AND I'M SORRY TO SAY----I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF PIT BULLS AT ALL. THEY NEED TO BE OUTLAWED OR WATCHED VERY, VERY CLOSELY DUE TO ALL THE DEATHS THEY HAVE CAUSED.

LOVE YOU CASSIUS, SO GLAD YOU ARE FEELING A BIT BETTER TODAY!!  :>)

CHERYL GORDER

Anonymous said...

i do hope that dear cassius recovers from her injuries.  her name is on my nightly prayer candle.


Anonymous said...

I PRAY FOR YOUR PRECIOUS CASSIUS. I JUST RECENTLY LOST MY 9 YEAR OLD CHIHUAHUA. PLEASE GOD TAKE CARE OF CASSIUS AND GIVE HIM MANY, MANY   MORE YEARS TO BE LOVED AND CARED FOR. GIVE HIM GOD THE STRENGTH TO SURVIVE.  WITH MANY PRAYERS ARLENE M.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know that i saw cassius story. we have a boxer named layla and i know of other people that have boxers and they are the best dogs you can ever have. our thoughts and prayers are with the little boys and cassius.