Friday, June 17, 2005

Memorial Poetry

Lend Me A Kitten                                                      

I will lend to you for a while a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he's dead.
Maybe for twelve or fourteen years, or maybe two or three.
But will you, 'till I call him back, take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you and, should his stay be brief
you'll always have his memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught below I want this kitten to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true.
And from the folk that crowd's life's land I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take my kitten home again?

My heart replied, "My Lord, Thy Will Be Done"
For all the joys this kitten brings the risk of grief I'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness; we'll love him while we may.
And for the happiness we've known, forever-grateful stay.
But should you call him back much sooner than we planned.
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.

If, by our love we've managed your wishes to achieve.
Then in memory of him, who we loved, please help us while we grieve.
When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul for us to love all his life.

 Author:Julia Morrison

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

My Domain  

I walk into the night
and the darkness embraces me
like an old friend.
 

This is my domain.  

I skulk in the shadows
stalking my unwary prey.
 

This is my domain.  

My whiskers send me information
I can not see.
My feet carry mesilently
through my territory.
 

This is my domain.  

Though I am smaller than my wild cousins
their blood still courses through my veins.
My fangs are just as deadly.
My claws are just as sharp.
My eyes:
Sensitive to the faintest source of light
help me in my hunt.
  The darkness.
The shadows.
The night.
 

These are MY domains

By: Fuzygupy

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Tribute to Homer
Written by Fuzygupy for a friend's cat who was run over tragically after escaping out the door.
 
My friend                                                  
such a violent end
you did not deserve.
You, my friend,
who lived only to serve.
 
You who made the intolerable-tolerable.
You who made the darkest days
seem just a little bit brighter.
You who accepted without question
and who's love was unwavering.
 
There are those who'd argue
mere animalsdo not posses souls.
They fool heartily think their God
endowedthem to man alone.
"Not true!" I would argue
"Just who are you to say?"
For I've seen 'mere animals'
with more soul then many of the human race
so refuse to think their way.
 
And so, dear Homer,
where ever your soul maybe,
rest in peace sweet Homer
and know you will live forever
in your loved ones
memories.

by: Fuzygupy

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -                                                               

I AM EVERYWHERE

Listen can you hear me,
though I am gone away?
Watch and can you see me,
as you toil through your day?

Can you smell my presence,
or feel my tender touch,
the wonder of the life we shared,
the life you miss so much?

Please, hear the gentle tinkling,
of the wind chimes in the breeze,
of the soft wind a door's opening makes,
will put your heart at ease.

Watch the dancing flowers,
or autumn leaves skipping by,
they dance and skip like I did,
before I had to die.

The heady scent of catnip,
the fresh smell of summer sun,
the smell of leather harnesses,
remember our days of fun.

The caressing touch of butterflies,
the feel of blankets warm,
remember how we cuddled,
when ere there was a storm.

Although my body failed me,
my souls  forever there.
Just look and touch and hear and feel,
for I am everywhere.

Julia Amelia Morrison
Catnip Hill Studio
Copyright © 2000
All rights reserved
Ms. Morrison can be contacted at:
DBDustBuny@aol.com  

 -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -                                       

FIRST DAY IN HEAVEN

Is Heaven all you asked of it,
O little cat? Did Peter fit
A halo for your graceless head?
Is there a quilt for your special bed,
And a bowl of cream just out of reach
Of your thieving paw? Or do They teach
You not to steal in Paradise?
Does the flapping of Their wings entice?
Do you scamper and swing on a golden fence,
Or are They teaching you reverence?
And are there really golden thrones
Up there? Or do the Mighty Ones
Have nice fat chairs that you can claw
And tear and snag with an impious paw?
And do the angels understand
That a little cat in a lonely land
Still longs for a kiss and a friendly cuff?

Celestial joys are not enough.
Please, some small saint in shining white,
Hold him close in your arms tonight.

-AUTHOR UNKNOWN Submitted by Aida Alicata

From the petloss.com website

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Kittens  

On fluffy white clouds in heaven above
are kittens the same color as what they sit upon.
Not a black or a red or color to be found,
for you see....

Angels have to do something for fun!
With brushes in hand they set to their task.
Some kittens they catch dozing in the sun.
It is with these they have the most fun,
for on them intricate patterns can be done.

Most they have to do on the run,
often causing a terrible mess!
Some kittens get lots of colors,
some get very little,
some get completely missed in the fray.

When you see an all black cat, well,
at the end of the day;
some angels mix all the colors together
just to paint them that way.

But no matter their color,
no matter their shade,
remember:
All kittens are from heaven,
a gift from above
who started out as white as the clouds they once sat upon
.

by:Fuzygupy                    

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

A SPECIAL POEM FOR CHILDREN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JASON'S GUARDIAN ANGELS

My dearest precious Jason,
Please try to understand,
your cats have gone to Heaven,
to stay in God pure land.

I know that at your age of nine,
loosing them is sad,
and there's a lonely feeling,
But Jason don't be sad.

See, cats are really angels,
dressed in robes of fur,
who come down from their heavenly place,
to makeus feel secure.

They bring us love and comfort,
and make us laugh and smile,
but they can't stay forever,
they only stay awhile.

And then they wing to heaven,
among the stars they wait,
and wait until we grow old,
and we meet them at Heaven's gate.

They are our guardian angels,
each night just look above,
and see their twinkling eyes shine,
their light of heavenly love.

Oh grownups call the twinkle,
stars up in the sky,
It takes someone who loved their cat,
to know the real reason why.

For my Best buddy Jason.
To help him with the loss of his favorite fur angels.
Coon the Maine Coon and Worm.
With Love,
Julia Morrison
Copyright © 1997

No comments: