Monday, June 20, 2005

In Memory, "Sandi": By M00NLTSNTA

1970-1995

My beloved Angel Horse: Sandi

"He was my rope horse, fence horse, trail horse, lesson horse and the best friend I ever had.   If you asked him to do something, he'd ALWAYS try."

M00NLTSNTA- Rosi

LITTLE SAN:

What can I say about my baby...  Lil San was the ONLY baby his mom could have.  TC was a BIG mare (17.1) and 16 yrs old when I met her.  We bred her to Whittier Hills in 1981 and on 4/13/1982, Lil San happened.

He really was the best behaved baby I've ever raised/trained.  And unlike most Thoroughbreds you will ever meet.  Mostly because my old Quarter Horse gelding, Sandi and I raised him from 2 months on, because his mom was dying.

He went western or english, never undefeated in Hunter Under Saddle (That's an obedience class).  Stakes winner, highpoint winner, a total gentleman, just like his foster "mom", my gelding, Sandi.     

Looks vicious doesn't he?  That's him at play with his best buddy, Naseeb back when Naseeb was a yearling.

That was his last picture I took of him before I sent him to Cobb, CA to a long time friend (I thought), who starved him and finally killed him on 1/10/1999 two months before he was scheduled to come home to me.  Lil San, you brightened a LOT of lives and we all still miss you VERY much.

 

 

No comments: