Thursday, February 22, 2007

In Memory Of Peanut- a baby filly... gone now to the Rainbow Bridge

I read about Peanut and her tragic loss, and my heart wept for Pam and for the filly's Mom. I reached out to Pam and wrote to her and asked her if I could post a memorial for Peanut. This is what Pam wrote about Peanut. We ask that you send prayers to Pam to heal her broken heart and to pray for Peanut's mother who is grieving too. Rest peacefully little Peanut, and romp with Barbaro who opens his heart to you and who will watch over you!

Pam writes:


"My sweet little Peanut...it was not supposed to turn out this way. We had dreams of you growing strong, running next to your Mama, but it was not meant to be for my sweet baby girl. We had dreams of you becoming a champion show horse like your Mama, but fate would let that happen. You died in my arms, with your Mama's cries ringing out like a siren.

She knew the instant you left us. I told you to run to Barbaro....tell him your Mom was a Fan Of Barbaro....he will know what it meant. I know you are in God's hands now and being looked over by Barbaro.

Your Mama cried for you for many days...she lost her voice and still cried. Each day brings her to a more calm mood, but am sure each night she dreams of her first born baby girl who we called Peanut."

Pam
Imagine a world where the courage of a horse won the hearts of millions.
Barbaro 2003-2007
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/5025/
Pam's Family Web Site

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry about this precious filly. As much as I know how your heart is breaking, please give her mama some extra special love and attention. They do mourne the loss of their babies, and sometimes it very severe. I know all to well the horrible empty feeling of losing a baby that you love so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and with her mama.

Anonymous said...

It is the ones that are left behind who continue to feel the pain and loss but the filly is happy at the bridge and will wait for her loved ones when they meet her. Barbaro and the rest will take good care of her. So you must take care of yourself. I know personally what it is to loose a fur baby, I lost 3 in a short period of time. God be with you and yours. Christina.

Anonymous said...

God bless you. I know Barbaro will care for your Peanut and please give her Mom all the love she needs. Hoping that time will bring you peace.
Joanne in NJ

Anonymous said...

i am saddened by the loss of peanut.


run strong peanut.  you are with barbaro now -- both running strong.


blessings.

Anonymous said...

Heartbreaking.  How precious these innocent, beautiful Loves are !   Unimaginable loss.

I have no words that can help or console. but just to share some of your sadness in ltlte Peanut's departure for The Bridge

Anonymous said...

I'M SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR BABY FILLY PEANUT, IT'S SO NOT FAIR, BUT WE KNOW THAT BARBARO IS TAKING CARE OF HER AND RUNNING IN THE WIND WITH HER. GOD BLESS YOU!!

LOVE YOU,
CHERYL

Anonymous said...

May your little Peanut rest in peace.  I am so sorry for your loss.

                                                   Cheryl Huddle
                                                   Redondo Beach, CA