Monday, February 12, 2007

Farewell To Beloved Prancer- For renopetpro

I was saddened to hear about Prancer's loss. He was renopetpro's beloved dog, and he is sorely missed. Rest peacefully dear Prancer. 

reno writes:

"It is with a very sad heart that I write this........
 
My beloved Prancer went to the Bridge at 12:45 on Saturday
(02-10-07) afternoon.
 
He had been doing so well.  I took him back to the neurologist for his recheck on Thursday (02-08-07) and she said that all was well and he could undergo anesthesia to have the tumor on his liver removed at any time.  He was to go today to have another xray to make sure that the tumor had not grown or spread and then the surgery would have been done on Thursday (02-15-07).
 
Saturday he was fine.  In fact, just one hour before he died he was outside playing in the snow.   Then at 12:15, he didn't look quite right to me so I took him to my vet and it was discovered that he was bleeding into his abdomen.  I had to let him go.
 
He was my best friend for 14 years.  But, I am thankful that he didn't have to suffer.  He was happy and active right up until the very end.  He was always happiest when he was working.   As most of you know, he had done alot of therapy dog work, he was trained as a hearing dog, he had gone to elementary schools to teach kids about responsible dog care, he did a litte Shutzhund on the side, alot of agility and he even was used as a demo dog for the Wahl Clipper Company at two prominent trade shows in the grooming industry.
 
Thank you all for your prayers through this last illness and for your kind words of support and encouragement.  It meant a great deal to me.  
Thank you to Teri for getting Prancer started with Wahl Clipper Company and for using him as a demo during one of your grooming seminars.  Thank you Sue for continuing the demos with Wahl and for always making such a fuss over him.  And my very special thanks to John for immortalizing him through your outstanding line of grooming products.  You all have all been great friends to me andmy husband and Prancer had such a wonderful time "posing" for you all. 
 
My Prancer will be greatly missed. 

 
Lisa
 
~~Reno~~"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

prayers and blessings being sent your way.  


annie!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Prancer. He is in Dog heaven now. went
over the rainbow bridge. What a beautiful dog he was. Jo does
such a good job of keeping everyone informed. Keep the faith.
here for you if needed. To one animal lover to another,  Susie

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you Lisa, on your loss of Prancer.Having read your letter posting. Animals are our family and we grieve a loss. He looked so beautiful, now at rest and total peace. Thinking of you,and you have such support here, as I did.
Rach.xxx

Anonymous said...

Lisa (Reno)
I remember the days in the chatroom where we would all talk for hours about our love for dogs. Prancer played a large part in alot of peoples lives. He will be missed by so many people. Beautiful dog,intelligent dog, loving dog and forever in many hearts.
abehs Aka
Pcf Rottie & Host Pets Haven

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful fur baby, as always it reminds me of my losses but I know that he is in a place where there is only love, no pain and waiting until he sees you again. He will be missed I know. He did wonderful things for others and God is smileing on him as we know. Peace be with you Prancer and his family, Christina.

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your love and support.  It means more than I can say.  Prancer was a wonderful dog.  I know we all say that.  He will be with me always.  May God's peace be with all of you that have lost a pet.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful pet.  She with the heavenly angels running and playing very healthy and going on in peace.  I am so sorry for your loss renopetpro

Anonymous said...

The devastating shoock of my own, recent loss made me remember what I had been forgetting.

Prancer's story helped me remember more.

The beauty and wonder of our  guys, pets, animal companions, friends - they can make us become more than what  we are. They take us away form ourselves, to share in the joy's and loves of God's World.

Prancer seemed to be doing just that.  He was a beautiful Dog and a blessing.

It must be so very hard to have the hope wrenched suddenly away, without warning.

He was your dog, though, and so he must have had a wonderful, rewarding life.

I am so sorry about his leaving.

Prayers.