Tuesday, April 4, 2006

In Memory Of Shyanne- Sugarsweet056

FOR MY BELOVED SHYANNE...NO OTHER LIKE HER! 2004

 

She was sooo beautiful. A rich dk chocolate color with a white star on her chest & diamond under her chin...& those eyes, bright yellow.  

A mix of Husky, Border Collie, & German Shepherd. She was being given away, was only 6 weeks old, I couldn't resist. She was always so shy & timid, hence the name Shy Anne, but called her Shy.  

She never changed, she continued to be shy, timid, scared of everyone except me all her life. Although a big girl of 75 lbs, she was quiet as a mouse, never barked, & thought she was a lap dog! LOL   She dearly loved me, was very obedient, kind, & gentle. I called her my gentle giant!

Not a lot to say about Shy, she was always there, always watching, staying in the background. She allowed the other dogs to eat first, & do everything first, she'd wait & go last. Although she towered over them, she never tried to hurt one!  

Then one day she stopped eating, after 3 days of no food, I took her to the vet. He couldn't find anything, gave her some antibiotics & sent us home. She continued to not eat.

After a week without food, back to the vet we went, he ran tests, but couldn't find anything. I was told to force feed her for a while.  

So for one month I forced food down her, every morning I'd get 1 can down, but if I tried to force more than that she'd vomit. She was sooo good, allowing me to shove the food down her throat...my big baby girl! I can still those big yellow eyes begging for help.  

Within one mo she had lost 20 lbs...that's a huge amount on a dog. We went back to vet, he ran more tests & now something showed up, she had Lymphoma. Nothing could be done, he recommended she be put to sleep.  

Oh, Dear God! I couldn't believe it. I remember driving home with tears falling all over me. 4 yrs together was not long enough!

I think she knew, she laid her head in my lap & her eyes said, "it's ok...I'm ready".  

I spent acouple days letting her know how much I loved her & how wonderful she was.

Then it was time. She took that long trip!  

This entry is for you, dear dear ShyAnne, my sweet shy friend.

SOMEDAY!  

 MYBELOVEDFURRBABIES

 

THIS POEM IS DEDICATED TO ALL MY BELOVED FRIENDS WHO HAVE PASSED! 

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come...please let me go.
Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waived,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve... it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two,  these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your journal listed at My Beloved Furr Babies, so I came to visit. Wanted to see Sugar's memories of her furr babies that have crossed over. Lovely.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Came from Sugar's. Beautiful place & some wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

all thest stories are so wonderful and sweet yet sad at the passing

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Sugars link to you...this is just beautiful...great job and great tributes.
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

You said she had a diamond and a star well she was a star and she shone like diamonds in your eyes untill the end. I loved your poem too. All of it was written with so much compassion for her, so much tenderness, so heat felt and so well said. How much it hurts I know and yes there will be no other like her in your eyes. I am so sorry that the Vet did  not find it in time for something to be done if it could be done that is. God wanted her home and she knew it was time also. Go in peace shy girl and peace to you to mom. Christina.

Anonymous said...

Christina,
Thankyou so much for your kind words, they mean a lot. Hope you'll come visit my journal some time the link is listed on Our Beloved Angels. Appreciate all the kindness shown.
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful tibute to a faithful friend. i too had to part with my special friends 2 years ago and i still grieve for them