Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Angel's Gate Shelter NEEDS HELP! PLEASE READ and TAKE ACTION

Angel's Gate is a haven for many different kinds of animals with many different needs. The shelter is located in Fort Solonga, New York, on Long Island.Angel's gate began its work to provide loving care for those animals who were relinquished by their human companions or by shelters due to medical problems.  The shelter has expanded to  provide care for special needs animals who have a multitude of problems and challenges, in addition to becoming a wildlife rehabilitation center.

Angel's Gate is in trouble! They are under attack by neighbors who want the shelter closed.

"Not in My Back Yard" is what they are shouting!

Angel's Gate is providing a service that is critically needed. This shelter provides the loving care for these animals that no one wants, and who have been shunned and abandoned. Here they receive care, love and their special tender human touch.  Please read more about them and what you, as an animal lover can do to help support their vital work. ANGEL'S GATE and their request for support: UNDER ATTACK

PLEASE HELP NOW! Thank you!

Jo

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this entry - I have been to this Animal hospice acouple of years ago!!!  IT IS TRULY AMAZING!!!!
I have  started a job around area and -I was just reminded by yr entry that I cd donate from the snack food industry I am now in!!!! Food for pot bellied pigs!!!...They had a few very cute little guys!!!!  also nuts for birds etc!!! I did write to the town when I first heard of their problems...as they say...a letter goes a long way!!!

Anonymous said...

The latest I'm aware of is that the town is having a meeting later this month (May) to decide about rezoning, which could affect the fate of Angel's gate.  I hope things work out for them.  I think anyone who would try to get a place like this closed down has got to be heartless.  I'm pulling for Angel's Gate....these are obviously some very wonderful, selfless people.  They & their animals deserve to stay in the home they've known & loved.