Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Beautiful Rescue Poem!

This poem was sent to me by Laurentha. I dedicate this poem to all the people who rescue animals, especially those animals who have special needs and who require a lot of devoted assistance.. This poem also is dedicated  to Fluffy- a wonderful kitty who was paralyzed as a little baby. She has no sensation in her hind end, but nonetheless is a little "terror" and a ball of love.

God sends some of us a special mission
To take in stray kitty-cats in any condition,
To feed them and give them a permanent home,
To love them and make them our very own.

They chase through the house; their potty box smells;
They seem to have secrets they're unwilling to tell.
They play till exhausted, then curl in your lap,
And settle themselves for a long comfy nap.

Some people are called to great wealth and power,
To run corporations, make big bucks per hour,
But others of us are only asked,
To take in little stray kitty-cats.

I asked God for things of importance to do,
Other than loving a good man and a bunch of kitties too.
He said,"Don't be self-righteous; learn from your mistakes,
And be glad I send kitty-cats and not my stray snakes."

I dreamed when I died I heard St. Peter say,
"What important things did you do each day?"
I felt Heaven for me was an impossibility
And that I should have lived my life much differently.

Then God said, "Come in. Have food and some drink,
And sit here in Heaven by your little cat Tink;
For I gave you one of My most important tasks
When I asked you to be a taker-in of stray kitty-cats."

- Author unknown




No comments: