Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Healing Prayers and Glow

"Forest Rays" by Clyde Butcher


We have created this area for prayers and glow for pets who are ill. Prayers create a powerful energy for healing... however that healing appears.. for the greatest good... for the end of suffering of any kind.

I dedicate this new area to my friend Steve and his wonderful  17 year old companion cat, Hobbes, who is so very, very ill. Many prayers coming to you and Hobbes.

Steve shared this story about Hobbes and asked that I post it here! Perhaps this will act as a healing energy for both. This is a picture of Hobbes staring down at his chipmunk friend, Stubby, in their frequent game of "chicken". Stubby prepares to outrace Hobbes across the window ledge, with his face stuffed with peanuts and seeds, smiling that chipmunk smile of glee as he once again made it to the ground, unscathed, while laughing all the time at his clever antics. What we don't see, though, is Hobbes scratching his head in bewilderment that, once again, Stubby won!
                                  

Hobbes has transitioned to the Rainbow Bridge on July 25th. We all will miss him here in this world, and rejoice that he is now happy, healthy and befriending Chipmunks again. Our love and prayers go out to Steve at this time, for his healing and peace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This lovely cat, Tasha, has been diagnosed with Diabetes. Prayers and glow coming for the beautiful lady and her family.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

This is little "Fluffy", who was sent to us for prayers by Laurentha. She is a little sassy kitten who is paralyzed, basically,from the waist down. She is wearing her little "diaper" as she cannot feel her nature calls, yet. We pray she will soon. She JUST got a name change from Big Mama, to her new name!

She DOES get around though and is a feisty little gal who has a great love of life and fight to continue to share her little soul with family. Let's surround her with white light, love and lots of glow for her healing and ability to gain feeling again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving animals is so rewarding, even tho it can be heartbreaking,too. I'm currently facing one of the toughest decisions in life. My little one is 15 [in January] and she is having a rough time with alzheimer's and various infection's. I have her on antibiotics and love, all I can do is to try to make her comfortable. I know the dreaded day is coming soon tho.How do you know whether to euthanize or not? I want her to go natural but pain free. Is that possible?

Anonymous said...

What you have so eloquently shared on your post is such a  common concern about when "the time is right". In fact, I have a very dear friend that is having the same struggle now, and very similar concerns, which so many of us have experienced.

I feel so for you at this time in your struggle with this decision. I have been there. My beloved Yo Yo, had such a difficult  time in her life, after her treatment to control the Fibrosarcoma monster failed. She was withering away. We wanted her to die naturally, and prayed that she would just "give in" to surrendor that pain wracked body. I would tell her that it was "ok" for her to go to the Bridge, but she kept hanging on, I suspect to take care of me.. who was so ambivolent about losing her. We ultimately had to assist her .. so that she would not suffer anymore. She died very peacefully, in my arms...off to her eternal sleep and I know that she then ascended to the Bridge, where she waits for me to join her when it is my time.

The link below is an excellent resource. On their site, after you get to the main site, there is a "click here" button on the bottom of the page. Click on that and you will see a menu on the left hand side of the webpage. There is a button titled "Euthanasia". You will find an article that talks about "when it is time". It is clearly written about "timing". I totally believe that our pets tell us, in many ways, when they no longer have the quality of life that we ourselves would want for them, and for us as well.

Please stay in touch when you can, and let us know how you are doing. I send prayers and glow to you and your cat for healing. Sometimes healing is not physically healing, but the healing is for the greatest good for our beloved pets.

All my best to you,

OurBelovedAngels,
Jo

posted and emailed to pennykmb, with light and love.
APLB
http://www.aplb.org/frameset4.htm

Anonymous said...

Jo,

Hobbes and I are both so appreciative of your kindness, prayers and concern for us. With the internist appointment less than 12 hours away, I am feeling just a little queezy about what lies ahead. But it will surely be better than the guesswork that has so far failed to find an answer to Hobbes' rapid slide over the last 2 weeks.

I'm scared of what lies ahead. He's been my best friend for 17 years - always waiting in the window excited for my return, sleeping by my side nearly every night, playing fetch and showing off his tricks. I can't bear the thought of being without him. But I can't bear seeing him so debilitated and unhappy.

We love you,
Steve & Hobbes