Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Barbaro Remembered By RUSTYSGOLDENSONG

It has been over one week that the world lost you.

Our broken hearts and grieving are only the beginning of what we feel....and ponder...

When you look up the word "Hero"in the big book you will see many pictures, There are a lot of fallen heroes in this world.

For eight months you fought with every ounce of courage in your heart and soul to give the world back something that it cherished so very much.

You took the world by storm. You took our minds off all the killing and tragedy of the war. I write this without in any way diminishing the outstanding contribution that our men and women, who have given their lives for us have given.

When we heard the news that a Hero had died, many of us, throughout the world, dropped to our knees and wept for you and our great personal loss.

Keep reaching for the stars. Your wings glistened with the colors of white flowing to golden.

What amazes me is how much we can love them from afar, never being in their presence personally. I loved this great horse so very much. He was majestic, a king of kings with his royal blood flowing from his father..his grandfather and all the "greats" in his lineage. Your blood was the blood of a true fighter.

You loved people. To look into your eyes.. it was like was looking right into your soul.

In the near future those of us who loved you deeply will be standing at your final resting place We will shed the tears of longing to see you again, so strong, so proud, so gentle with a love that you have for those around you. You will know we are there!

Race horses are bred to run. That is their nature. They will fly through the meadows when they are turned out to play. They love to gallop swiftly with their friends and they have a competitive nature. However, we must protect our beautiful racehorses and ensure their safety so they can run in safety. Part of your great legacy will be that these great horses that follow you in the future, will receive safer racing conditions.

Barbaro, I love you. I too will weep for you when you reach your final destination.

My friend, when you closed your eyes so gently, rocked to sleep, you closed them to this world, but when you open them, you will see God's eyes. You have crossed over the rainbow bridge.. we will all see you again someday.

I love you my friend.
Jessy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was written beautifully and so heart felt. I know it brought tears and pain in my heart for the loss so many of us feel. I love all God's creatures so vey much. So it hurts to loose them. Barbaro was and is so beautiful, he will stay in our hearts for a very long time, Such rolalty, such a king. Go in peace baby. Christina

Anonymous said...

Barbaro has truly gone to the Green Pastures.  Have you ever dreamed you were running with horses?  I used to dream that all the time.  I thought they are my brothers.  I would be running along side of them with a miracle of swiftness in my feet.  It was satisfying as my flying dreams, running with horses.  Imagine running with Barbaro!  May you run with horses in your dreams, my friend.   Gerry